Go to the following web pages to answer the questions
Use the back button ()in the top left corner to come back to this page
Use Word to answer the questions in paragraph form (use complete sentences.)
Do not print out your answers until Friday.
Add a picture and follow the guidelines on your Word "Checklist".
Memorial Day History:
1. What was Memorial Day originally called?
2. Who officially proclaimed Memorial Day on May 5, 1868?
3. On what date and year was the first "officially observed" Memorial Day?
Memorial Day Wikipedia:
4. When Memorial Day first began, who did they honor?
5. After World War 1, Memorial Day was expanded to include who?
6. What are some things that people traditionally do to observe Memorial Day?
7. What City and State are recognized as the Birthplace of Memorial Day (the place it first started)?
8. What did people place on the graves of Union and Confederate soldiers during the first national celebration?
Memorial Day - infoplease:
9. In what year did Memorial Day become a Federal Holiday? (that means everyone in the whole United States celebrates.)
10. Where is the "Tomb of the Unknowns"?
Memorial Day Quiz - Click here to answer a few questions ...