The History of Halloween
Back to blog
• Copy and paste the questions into a "Google Doc"
(you might have to change the color of the text ... what color is it now?)
• "Share" your document with me (email@example.com)
• Delete the jokes so all this will fit on one page
• Add a nice halloween picture (be sure it is appropriate)
• Click on the "yellow" links to answer the questions about halloween.
Why didn't the skeleton cross the road? ..... he didn't have the guts ...
1. Why is halloween celebrated on October 31st?
2. Why did the ancient Celts wear masks and costumes?
3. How much money does the U.S. spend buying candy for halloween each year?
4. What is the number one choice for Halloween candy?
5. How much is spent each year on the number one candy?
Why are there fences around cemetaries? ..... because people are dying to get in ...
6. Trick-or-treating goes back to the middle ages and "All Souls' Day when people in Britain would do what?
7. When trick-or-treating first became popular in the United States in the 1800's, what did most children do? ..... What did they do by the 1950's?
What do you get when you drop a pumpkin? ..... squash ...
8. How much candy does the average American eat each year?
Where do vampires keep their money? ..... in a blood bank ...
El Dia De Los Muertos
9. In Mexico, Latin America, and Spain, many families construct an altar to the dead in their homes to honor deceased relatives and decorate it with ___________________________________________.
10. Candles and incense are burned to help the deceased ____________________________________.
Where do mummies go for a swim? ..... the "Dead" sea ...
11. The largest pumpkin pie ever was baked in the year _________ and weighed __________________ pounds..
12. Pumpkins have been grown in North America for __________________ years.
13. The heaviest pumpkin weighed _____________________ in Stillwater, _____________________.
What kind of music do mummies listen to? ...... wrap ...
Find the differences
Click on the link to find the differences in the halloween picture
Find the differences #2
Click on the differences between the two pictures
Watch for the exact moment the boat disappears...
as of 8/11/05